Saturday, May 7, 2011

Long day

First, brunch in Bloordale: which wasn't very good because the salmon on my salmon benedict was way too salty.
Then the year end show at OCAD: only a few projects stood out to me, overall DEEC.
Next, was TCAF (Toronto Comic Art Festival) a.k.a. comic convention: I've never been surrounded by so many people (nerds+hipsters) at one place where everyone is crazy for comics no else has heard of. Drawn & Quarterly had their own table which is where most of the graphic novels I read come from. Chester Brown was there signing books, but I'm not too familiar with his work so I moved on. I kept my eyes out for Jason and Johnny Boo. Jason I couldn't find - I told myself I'll have all of the Jason books by the end of the summer.. cough cough* the beguiling ... - There were a couple false alarms with Johnny Boo... BUT THEN...


WE FOUND HIM! So now I have all three books along with Super F*ckers on the side with a free poster. The guy gave us the 4th book for free which was sweet. Another cool thing/person: Jeff Lemire, who wrote Essex County. So bummed that I forgot my graphic novels in Ottawa :\ (the box is literally by door) I could've gotten him to sign my copy. And I was hoping they had The Nobody so I could get one for myself but they Sweet Tooth instead, which I regret not getting.

File:Sweet-Tooth-01-cov1.png

Maybe next time. It seems that graphic novels to me this year is like vinyl records for me circa 2009. Me love you long time.

No comments: