Saturday, October 29, 2011

Form and Colour: Trophy

We had to design a trophy that reflects one of the Guinness records. It seemed kind od lame at first, but since we had monoliths due the same week, it was definitely more fun than sitting and sanding foam for 6 hours. The trophy had to be comprised of only 3 elements: a sphere/ovoid/half sphere/plinth, cylinder/cone, and a curvilinear line/plane; it also had to t=be painted two non-primary colours. We also had to design the packaging for it, all within the dimensions of 3x3x12".
The record I chose was the most arrows shot in one minute, which is ten, by some guy in Spain. The reason being I could play around with the three elements in order to portray a bow and arrow.


For the packaging I just used a tennis ball tube and used craft paper to disguise the bottom and lid. I'm not happy with my board (IT'S HIDEOUS), but whatever, I does the job and Gregory (the prof) likes it.




No comments: